You're standing in front of your Family and Friends prepared to make your dreams of a lifetime come true. It's at that moment that you are grateful that you have a professional guiding your ceremony. The Supreme Court has finally ruled upon this issue. Now is the time to plan your perfect LGBT Wedding. I have been performing Commitment Ceremonies since the beginning, and I am so pleased this has opened up for everyone to marry the one they Love. Contact Reverend Jacqui Weiks, Your LGBT Wedding Officiant
We are an open and affirming, multi-racial and multi-cultural, assessable to all, peace and justice oriented body of faith. We go into the community and God's disciples. Grounded by the teachings of Jesus the Christ, we uplift Christ's goodness, create spiritual community, and care for God's people and God's world. Dynamic hope, incredible compassion, extravagant hospitality, and radical love are our core values.
Daniel Pillai’s He/She Project Growing up in a traditional south Asian community in Canada, Daniel Pillai didn’t quite fit in. “There was an inherent non-acceptance to who I was and how I acted,” he says. “I stuck out like a sore thumb.” Pillai spent his childhood in what he calls a “conservative atmosphere,” surrounded by […]
Addiction Treatment and the Recovery Process By Matt Gonzales, writer and researcher for DrugRehab.com Drug addiction is a chronic disease that affects your physical and mental health, job status and relationships. Once you’re hooked on a drug, your whole life revolves around it. Substance use disorders are common in the United States. Heroin use in […]
Who pays after the devastating Orlando shooting? After a tragedy, who pays the bill? There has been a lot of talk lately about medical costs and medical debt, even as the Affordable Care Act helps more Americans get the treatment they need without taking on crippling debt. Even with more people covered, medical treatment is […]
Making a Legal Case for Bisexuality Bisexuality is widely misunderstood. Bisexuals are often dismissed or used as a punchline by the straight community and sidelined in conversations about LGBT rights and equality, often while experiencing many of the same struggles and setbacks as the rest of the queer community. And for some–like Ray Fuller, a […]
Olympic Coverage Criticized as Homophobic? One of the most memorable moments of the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio didn’t occur during an event. Instead, just after the women’s rugby event on Monday night, Brazil’s Isadora Cerullo’s partner, Marjorie Enya, surprised her with a proposal. As reported by CNN, Enya said in her emotional speech “I […]
Using Your Home Improvement Loan for a New Kitchen
If you’re thinking about using your home improvement loan to give your kitchen a much-needed update, you’re not alone: according to the Leading Indicator of Remodeling Activity (LIRA) released by Harvard University, spending on home improvement and remodeling is set to increase in 2016, with projects like kitchen remodels and additions leading consumer spending. Homeowners are feeling more confident than ever, taking out home improvement loans and lines of credit after years of the remodeling industry remaining in a slump.
It’s no surprise that kitchen updates are one of the most popular projects when it comes to home improvement loans: creating a space to cook, eat, and congregate makes the kitchen a centerpiece for any home, and what’s better than hosting friends and family in a contemporary, updated space?
Kitchen Trend: Clean, Modern Lines
When deciding how to spend your home improvement loan, keeping an eye on current trends can help ensure that your kitchen doesn’t go from new to outdated before the paint dries. According to a 2014 survey by the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA), kitchens are becoming more contemporary, with simple lines and easy maintenance at the top of remodelers’ wish lists:
- Wood, glass, and nickel: The NKBA’s survey predicted that wood floors continue to grow in popularity in kitchen remodels, along with an increase in glass backsplashes and satin-nickel finished faucets.
- Quartz countertops: More and more kitchens are adding quartz countertops, which blend naturally hard materials and polymers to create an easy-to-clean, scratch-resistant surface that doesn’t need to be resealed like marble and granite.
- Stainless steel: Porcelain enamel may have once been the go-to material for sinks, but stainless steel has become a much more popular choice in recent years due to its versatility and ease of maintenance.
While some trends aren’t meant to last, using a home improvement loan to install versatile and durable materials ensures that your new kitchen will keep looking contemporary and functional well into the future.
Buying New Gadgets With a Home Improvement Loan
Kitchen renovations are more than just sinks and counters, and if you’re taking out a home improvement loan for an update, you’ll want to look toward the future. In many cases, this means finding the perfect electronics for your new kitchen, whether it’s the latest oven or a spot to charge your gadgets. The NKBA survey also asked respondents about trends in kitchen electronics,
- Docking and charging: Whether you’re looking up recipes on an iPad, watching television while you cook, or playing music at a dinner party, chances are you’re using electronics in your kitchen. Remodelers are making sure to include spaces for docking and charging devices in kitchen updates, allowing for seamless integration.
- Efficient lighting: LED lights have come a long way in the past few years, with prices dropping as the technology becomes more widely available. Investing a portion of your home improvement loan in energy-efficient lighting is an excellent way to cut down your electric bill far into the future.
- Ovens, cooktops, and refrigerators: Induction cooktops are becoming a popular addition to kitchens due to their energy efficiency, replacing electric or gas ranges. Other remodelers are choosing to add steam ovens for versatility, while French door refrigerators are seeing increased popularity.
When it comes to incorporating the latest technology in your kitchen remodel, there’s an overall trend toward efficiency and simplicity. While some of these updates represent a significant investment, paying for them through a home improvement loan can mean major cost savings down the line, freeing up funds to take on even more projects.
Getting More Out of Your Home Improvement Loan
Remodeling a kitchen is no small task, and taking out a home improvement loan to complete a renovation is a major decision. By keeping an eye towards trends in materials and features, you can make sure your big kitchen remodel isn’t a project you end up regretting in a few years. Using a home improvement loan to finance the latest technology and materials means you can expect your new kitchen to host dinners and parties well into the future.
Have you taken on a big kitchen remodel lately? Be sure to share any tips for successful renovations!